YOUR SCHOOL EXAM ASSESSMENT OBJECTIVES”
Mark My Papers (MMP) was originally launched to help home educators access professional marking by official examiners. The concept has grown rapidly to encompass schools, individuals and mature students and tutor groups throughout the world. Our services have grown too and now include in-house exam paper writing, creation of model answers and teacher moderation packages.
Our core objectives remain as follows:-
- To bring professional marking from our team of approved, official examiners to each and every pupil.
- To offer detailed feedback so that pupils can understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- To relieve the burden of marking in schools where staff are short of time so that they can focus on teaching.
- To bring a third party perspective to assessment – a fresh pair of eyes free from unintended emotional bias.
Undertaking exams from home can be a daunting experience. Making sure that your child is on target to achieve his or her life goals is an overwhelming responsibility, and without the support of a school many parents feel confused as to how they can measure their child’s progress. Mark My Papers enables home educated pupils to access teaching professionals who mark officially for the leading public exam boards, particularly Cambridge (CAIE) and Edexcel at iGCSE level. Marking is subjective and understanding how to interpret the AOs (Assessment Objectives) is a finely tuned skill.
- We can mark regularly, occasionally or as a preparation for exams.
- Sometimes our home educating students need guidance as to which specification is still current – we are happy to support such needs and play a role in your home education journey.
- Making sure that home education can still offer up wide opportunities through passing public exams is a major concern for some families and we can bring reassurance.
- MMP feedback is very detailed and we suggest you allow plenty of time for your child to work on tips for improvement.
- Our founder is herself a home educating parent who created MMP to help guide her own sons to success in their GCSEs, IGCSEs and A Levels across 11 subjects, single handedly – without tutors.
- All at MMP passionately believe in helping home schooled children enjoy their exam preparation ensuring they are fully confident and on track to succeed.
Testimonials from home educating parents…
“I just wanted to let you know that my daughter’s exams results came back.
She took five IGCSE's and got four A's and a single A*! She is 13 so we are well chuffed. In fact we are delighted, couldn't be happier. Just over the moon!
So thanks for your part in helping her achieve that!”
“The detailed assessment is just fantastic! SO helpful.”
- We are aware of the burden marking brings to teaching staff.
- At primary level our focus is to allow schools to delegate this burden so that teachers have more time to teach.
- We can mark individual school set assignments in English and Maths and have a team of teaching professionals who have officially marked SATs (Edexcel).
- Mark My Papers is an investment in your staff morale.
- ‘We Mark; You Teach….’
Exam grades are not everything but they do matter. They matter because they reflect the effort put in by staff and they matter too because even the slightest improvement can give each child a brighter future. At MMP we help secondary schools in several ways.
- We relieve the burden of marking, we bring a third party unbiased dimension to assessments, we produce diagnostic reports which reveal interesting findings and we offer in-depth full assessments which are a great way of making pupils engage and progress.
- We can mark a large cohort or just part of a cohort – you are in control.
- We do more besides. We write in-house exam papers; papers which are bespoke to your school, papers which are not available on-line so that you have control.
- We moderate teacher’s marking too, helping staff really understand the Assessment Objectives and how to interpret them.
- Working closely with MMP gives your school a great chance of improving your grades whilst easing staff workload.
- ‘We Mark; You Teach ….’
“I love the format of the responses. It’s an excellent service. The overview/ exam report is particularly useful for me as a head of faculty as I can target the skills that the whole cohort needs to work on. I also like the mark and grade distribution info as this really helps me to target specific students for the final run-in.”
Head of Faculty. Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ UK secondary school.
“Thank you so much …for all your work that has taken place for Moderation. It really is a thorough overview and a wonderful service that you offer. It clearly sets out the strengths and weaknesses of candidates as well as the teacher's marking and the general feedback, with examiners knowledge of how the papers are marked really does help."
Head of Faculty. Ofsted ‘Good’ UK secondary school.
Overseas and International Schools
Mark My Papers caters for all schools worldwide who follow the British curriculum at GCSE, iGCSE, A’Level and the International Baccalaureate.
- Our range of services includes marking and assessment of individual assignments and past papers, bespoke exam paper writing and teacher moderation.
- We have representatives in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa who understand your teaching and learning needs.
- Our team of approved examiners have marked officially for the most popular overseas public exam boards - Cambridge (CAIE) and Edexcel
- ‘ We Mark; You Teach….’
Testimonial from an International School…
“Thank you for all your hard work with our year 13 mocks…They look great.”
Head of Department. International school, Middle East.
PUPILS AND STUDENTS DIRECT
If you are at school and studying towards your GCSE, IGCSE, IB, AS or A Level exams you may feel you need extra support, Mark My Papers can help.
- Our teaching professionals have all marked for the main exam boards, AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, Eduqas and Cambridge and they understand exactly how to interpret the AOs (Assessment Objectives).
- MMP supports students up to and through the exam period offering a personalised and friendly service.
- We can mark essays, individual questions or full past papers. Our assessments are very detailed with tips for improvements.
- We offer occasional or regular marking and can form an essential part of your revision process.
- If you are in secondary education contact us to see how we might help you.
Testimonial from a student…
“This service is fantastic, I really don't know where I would be without it, thank you so much for all your quick responses and help”
Mature Students & Adult Learners
Where students work as an individual, following a specification without professional support, MMP brings much needed guidance with fully detailed assessments on a regular or occasional basis, depending on each student’s needs.
MMP brings confidence to students who are studying alone.
Testimonial from a mature student….
“Thank you very much for arranging the marks and feedback on Papers 2, 3 and 4. The advice I received was very valuable indeed. I had a much clearer idea of how to approach the papers - especially Paper 1 - and a more focused structure to my answers.”
Name supplied (UAE)
“Thank you for your support! Marking my papers has really helped me, great service you guys have.”
Name supplied (Indonesia)
Our Board Of Advisors
In order to continually meet the developing needs of schools, students and home educating pupils, MMP has brought together a team of expert advisors, all of whom play a role in offering a vast, collective experience of primary, secondary, state, independent and international education.
- Two of our advisors are Ofsted Inspectors
- Two have served Headships at leading international schools in Europe and the Middle East.
- Two have transformed their schools from under special measures to Outstanding Ofsted reports.
- Two have served as Heads at three leading British public schools.
Dr Helen Wright MA(Oxon), EdD, PGCE
Chair of the Board of Advisors
We are delighted to be working with Dr Helen Wright MA(Oxon), EdD, PGCE who leads our Board of Advisors. Our ambition to raise pupil grades across the UK schools sector, as well as the home education and tutor group sectors, benefits significantly from the immense industry expertise brought by Helen and her Board. All of us at MMP are passionate about improving pupil grades and thereby opening up opportunities for life.
Dr Helen Wright has had an energetic executive and non-executive career in education, spanning 25 years to date in the UK and international sector, including 13 years leading schools as Head. She has served as Vice-Chair of the Independent Schools’ Council and President of the UK Girls’ Schools Association.
She is a regular speaker at international education conferences, on topics including internationalising schools and engaging with digital technologies to extend global educational and career opportunities for young people. She currently coaches several international school leaders in various parts of the world. As an Associate of LSC Education (international executive search), she has helped to recruit numerous candidates for roles in international schools across the world.
Helen Davies MA Ed, B Ed (Hons)
Paul Topping MA (Ed)
Jonathan Hughes -D’Aeth BA (Hons), PGCE
HOW DO WE WORK?
- Contact us to discuss your needs. Our prices vary according to your own exact requirements.
- We will need to know your subject, exam duration, assignment details, the exam board and if you are a school or tutor, the cohort size.
- If you are a private student or a home educator we are available seven days a week to answer your questions. Your requirements will be different and we recognise this. We will need to understand your plans and your aims, so tell us about the exams you are preparing for and when you intend to sit them.
- We accept scanned papers and for larger cohorts within the UK we offer a postal service. We issue our reports by email as soon as marking is complete.
We aim to complete each assignment within seven days but we are usually quicker.